Monday, December 3, 2007

not just yet...

"If you had the chance to go home tomorrow, would you do it?" -Claire, my roommate

My response to her went something like this: No. I miss home and my family and friends, but I am not ready to leave France yet. If I could, I would transport all of the people I love here with me so I won't have to leave. .. And that is the truth. I miss home terribly because of the people that have been such a huge part of my life, but I am loving France too much to leave. It literally makes my heart drop whenever I accidentally hear someone say their countdown. I don't like hearing the countdown because quite frankly, it makes me anxious and sad. But considering the short amount of time I have left here, the flurry of feelings that are going around seem to be the same. The friendships I have made here have made most of my experience. The city of Lyon is beautiful; there are many things to do and see, but it is nothing without friends to share it with. I know this is redundant from a previous post, but it is something that I am constantly reminded of.

On a brighter note, holiday cheer is all around. We had a holiday decorating party last weekend for our apartment (tinsel, peppermint bark, Christmas music, oohlala) and now it is all festive. My roommates and I also put up a small & cute Christmas tree and some lights in our kitchen. I love it. It gives me a warm and tingly feeling.

I don't mean for this to be a choppy post, but I will come back and edit with some pictures and updates from my weekend in Paris.

No comments: